The Organic Acids Test detects the organic acids in urine that are byproducts of daily cellular metabolism. The panel can accurately identify conditions associated with genetic disorders, nutrient deficiencies, intestinal dysbiosis, and toxicity from diet and prescription drugs.
The Organic Acids panel is designed to take a broad look at multiple systems affected by inflammation. If you’re experiencing gastrointestinal, neurological, detoxification, toxic exposure, or other inflammatory symptoms, you may benefit from this panel.
WHY IS THIS TEST IMPORTANT?
- Chronic inflammatory diseases are the most significant cause of death in the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) ranks chronic diseases as the greatest threat to human health.1
- Based on known metabolic pathways and enzyme-cofactor requirements, organic acid markers can provide great insights into the underlying causes of chronic symptoms.
- Organic acids testing can help detect metabolism imbalances, infection risk, impaired detoxification, nutrient deficiencies, toxicity, and inflammation in those with chronic or complex acute illness.
- Alongside other diagnostic testing, organic acids profiles provide a comprehensive view of root causes and enable your care provider to develop a personalized and effective treatment plan for your chronic condition.
SYMPTOMS AND RISK FACTORS
Fatigue (sluggish, tired)
Hyperactive (nervous energy)
Insomnia at night
Anxiety (fears, uneasiness)
Lack of concentration/Brain fog
THE VIBRANT WELLNESS ADVANTAGE
Simple testing with robust results. Perform the Organic Acids Test in the comfort of your home.
Unparalleled specificity and sensitivity. Our proprietary technology utilizes 11 different subpanels to detect:
- intestinal microbial overgrowth
- indicators of detoxification
- mitochondrial markers
- neurotransmitter metabolism markers
- glutathione status
- fatty acid metabolism markers
- inborn errors of metabolism
Validated and accredited. Science-backed testing and analysis based on rigorous, ongoing research by clinical experts.
To prepare for the Organic Acids test, avoid apples, grapes, pears, and cranberries as well as their juices or products, and mushrooms and ribose supplements for 48 hours before urine collection. Fasting is not required. For best test performance, collect the first morning urine upon awakening. Do not collect any urine if you awaken and urinate overnight. Do not drink more than 8oz water 1 hour before urine collection as the urine sample may be rejected if the urine is too dilute. Consult with your ordering provider regarding whether to continue or discontinue any other dietary supplements or medications before your test.
Below is required sample type(s)